Camp - at once fulfilling and utterly frustrating. Perhaps that's partly because of the reentry experience rolled in there. The campers have been generally amazing, and the staff too. I love weekdays and Sabbaths, and nearly go insane most Sundays--despite the fact that it's (usually) my day off. Because until these last few weeks, I knew that if I took the day off, the trip would not be ready to leave Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. Or I was just too worried that even taking time off, my mind couldn't.
But the good side is much more significant. It's hard to pin down - mostly, just being with people who love God and love others, and getting to make a difference. From the moments when my campers open up and let their thoughts about God show, to today's high of showing our office staff the wonders of mail merge (That was a huge rush! If you don't know what I'm talking about and ever find yourself wishing you didn't have to do some repetitive task in Microsoft Word, you might want to find out.)
No comments:
Post a Comment