Monday, April 7, 2008

A thinking - judge for yourself.

I´ve spent some time thinking about what could be the line to know when to keep things or spend on self - on things like education, health... If I trully put others first, won´t I live a life worse off than the hardest off person I have contact with? Maybe - unless by doing so, I diminish my ability to help others in need. That´s where I´ve ended up - that the criteria really always is how can I best serve my neighbor. I have to keep up reasonable health, and maybe educate myself to be able to accomplish greater good. Why me instead of someone else? No reason, except that if I´m really thinking and putting others first, the investment won´t be wasted. If I´m not committed to living that way, better for me to look for someone more committed than I am and spend on them. (Which means, I´d better get busy loving my neighbors more than myself, even if only because I want to have a good reason to make my own upkeep and education justifiable!)

1 comment:

Evan said...

Interesting Thought process. I agree with that. More strength to you whiles serving your neighbors.